Bungie gives up on Destiny
Bungie gives up on Destiny
Bungie 放弃《命运》
Bungie is moving on from Destiny 2. The studio announced Thursday that it’s releasing the last major update for the game on June 9th as its focus “turns towards a new beginning for Bungie.” After that final update, the game will remain playable, much like the first Destiny.
Bungie 正在告别《命运 2》。该工作室周四宣布,将于 6 月 9 日发布该游戏的最后一次重大更新,因为他们的重心将“转向 Bungie 的新起点”。在那次最终更新之后,游戏仍将保持可玩状态,就像初代《命运》一样。
“Many changes in this final update will aim to ensure that Destiny 2 is a welcoming place for players to return to,” Bungie says.
Bungie 表示:“此次最终更新中的许多改动,旨在确保《命运 2》成为一个让玩家愿意回归的友好空间。”
The announcement post has a lot of information about what will be added to this final update, and up to and shortly after launch, Bungie will share more details about the changes. But after that, its weekly blog entries will “be entering a form of hibernation as well,” and the studio says that when it has more news about Destiny, “you’ll be the first to know.” Bungie released the first Destiny — its big bet after Halo — in 2014, and it launched Destiny 2 in 2017.
公告文章中包含了大量关于此次最终更新内容的信息,在发布前后,Bungie 还将分享更多关于改动的细节。但在此之后,其每周的博客文章也将“进入某种休眠状态”,工作室表示,当有关于《命运》的更多消息时,“你们会是第一批知道的人”。Bungie 于 2014 年发布了初代《命运》(这是他们在《光环》之后的一场豪赌),并于 2017 年推出了《命运 2》。
The studio isn’t getting out of the live-service space, however. Earlier this year, Bungie released the extraction shooter Marathon, and while it hasn’t been quite as big a deal as Destiny 2 in its heyday, the game has been well-received. But it appears that the studio’s next title will be something new and not in the Destiny universe. “The unknown can sometimes feel wild, even a bit scary at times, but these opportunities to explore the future are invigorating,” Bungie says. “As we look ahead, our commitment remains the same: to make games we, and you, are excited to play.”
不过,该工作室并未退出实时服务(live-service)领域。今年早些时候,Bungie 发布了撤离类射击游戏《马拉松》(Marathon),虽然它在影响力上尚未达到《命运 2》全盛时期的水平,但该游戏已获得了不错的评价。不过,该工作室的下一部作品似乎将是全新的内容,且不再属于《命运》宇宙。Bungie 表示:“未知有时会让人感到狂野,甚至偶尔会有些恐惧,但这些探索未来的机会令人振奋。展望未来,我们的承诺保持不变:制作出我们和你们都乐于游玩的游戏。”
Sony acquired Bungie for $3.6 billion in 2022, and Bungie has had a rough go of things in the years since, including layoffs and a delay for Marathon. Sony acquired the company while it was in the midst of its big live service push that it has scaled back significantly, and live service games in general are something of a mess right now.
索尼在 2022 年以 36 亿美元收购了 Bungie,此后几年 Bungie 的发展历程颇为坎坷,包括裁员和《马拉松》的延期。索尼收购该公司时,正值其大力推动实时服务游戏之际,但目前索尼已大幅缩减了相关投入,而整个实时服务游戏市场目前也处于一种混乱状态。