Three Ways to Get Paid (2018)

Three Ways to Get Paid (2018)

获取报酬的三种方式(2018)

My father, who died in 1981, was an inexhaustible font of wisdom and wit. I don’t know when he told me this particular three-part rule, but I’ve never forgotten it. I tweeted it three years ago, but people keep asking for it in one place, so here it is. 我父亲于 1981 年去世,他是一位拥有无穷智慧与风趣的人。我不记得他是什么时候告诉我的这条三段式法则,但我从未忘记。三年前我曾在推特上分享过它,但人们总是在询问完整的内容,所以现在我把它整理在这里。

There are three ways to make a living: 谋生有三种方式:

  1. Lie to people who want to be lied to, and you’ll get rich.

  2. 对那些想被欺骗的人撒谎,你就会发财。

  3. Tell the truth to those who want the truth, and you’ll make a living.

  4. 对那些想要真相的人说真话,你就能维持生计。

  5. Tell the truth to those who want to be lied to, and you’ll go broke.

  6. 对那些想被欺骗的人说真话,你就会破产。

The rest is commentary. 其余的都是废话。


Further reading / 延伸阅读

  • Jason Zweig, Your Money and Your Brain 杰森·茨威格,《你的钱与你的大脑》
  • Jason Zweig, The Devil’s Financial Dictionary 杰森·茨威格,《魔鬼金融辞典》
  • Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor 本杰明·格雷厄姆,《聪明的投资者》
  • Jason Zweig, The Little Book of Safe Money 杰森·茨威格,《安全理财小书》
  • Saving Investors from Themselves 拯救投资者于自身
  • What I Read and Why 我读什么,为什么读
  • A Long Chat with Peter L. Bernstein 与彼得·L·伯恩斯坦的长谈
  • In Memory of My Father: By and For My Father 纪念我的父亲:由我父亲所写,为我父亲而写